The fiduciary obligations of RIAs to their clients are extensive. They must:
1. Provide investment advice that is entirely disinterested, objective, and in the client's best interest.
2. Always put the interest of their clients above their own.
3. Always act toward clients with loyalty, fairness, and good faith.
4. Disclose any actual or potential conflicts of interest in filings with the SEC.
5. Seek best execution of all trades.
6. Monitor the accounts of their clients during their relationship.
7. Keep all matters relating to clients in strict confidence.